Business Registration in Ontario
Who Must Register Under the Business Names Act?
The Ontario Business Names Act administered by the Companies and Personal Property Security Branch applies to:
- Sole proprietorships (one owner) carrying on business under a name other than the individual’s full name;
- Partnerships carrying on business under a firm name other than the full names of the partners;
- Corporations carrying on business under a name other than their corporate name;
- An existing general partnership or limited partnership registering a business name different from the registered firm name;
- Limited liability partnerships;
- Extra-provincial limited liability partnerships; and
- Extra-provincial limited liability companies
Book a free consultation with us to find out more information on how to properly register, renew or cancel your business registration.