Starter Company Plus
How it works
Starter Company Plus includes:
- guidance from a Small Business Centre advisor
- participation in an online business plan boot camp and coaching/training from professional consultants and coaches
- funding of up to $5,000
- training and mentorship that will better position you to be more successful and profitable in your business and to obtain more traditional financing
Who is eligible
Individuals applying for the Starter Company Plus must satisfy the following Starter Company Plus Initiative eligibility requirements:
- must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application
- must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and residing in the Lower Leeds and East Grenville area (see map) **link map here
- have started a new company in the last 5 years, expansion of an existing company (may be over 5 years old) or buying a business in Ontario
- not attending school full time nor returning to school
- not enrolled in other comparable provincial employment or self-employment related initiatives and programs that include or do not include financial assistance; and
- not enrolled in any comparable self-employment or entrepreneurship training/financing initiatives and programs offered by government funded organizations
Suitable applicants must also –
- Be working full time in their business (30 plus hours per week) or part time with a proven plan to be full time in their business in the next 6 months
- Be working with clients and earning income
- Have contributed at least 25% (in cash or in kind) of the grant amount
Suitable applicants should see value in the following –
- writing a business plan and creating a cash flow to focus business ideas and create new opportunities and buying patterns.
- Wish to receive business coaching and foundational business training from our business advisors
Those who aren’t eligible
- Non-profits will not be eligible for the grant but may be eligible to take part in the training. This will be looked at on a case by case basis.
- OW & ODSP may be able to take part in the training but are not eligible for the funding.
- Any franchise businesses.
- Previous Starter Company and Starter Company Plus participants are not eligible.
How to apply
You can receive an application at one of our online information sessions listed below.
Please register for one of the information sessions right away to secure your seat.
There are a limited number of spots available for this program. Those who apply are not guaranteed a spot but will have to be approved through an interview process.
The program is set to start at the beginning of January 2023.
Online Information Session
Our information sessions are over so please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a recording of the information sessions to learn more about the program and to see if you are eligible.
**After you have watched the video you can then request an application.**
Contact us today to set up an appointment to receive guidance on next steps in your business, if you haven’t met with us yet, or if you have any further questions.